Disabling iCloud messages on iPads

stiermanc
New Contributor

I have around 100 iPads that are configured to the same iCloud account with only Find my iPhone enabled. Every time we add a new device to the account a message comes up on all the iPads alerting that a new iPad has been added. If I add 10 iPads every single iPad has the message 10 times. Is there a way to prevent the message from coming up?

Or has anyone figured out a better way to track the location of the iPads without using an iCloud acocunt? They are enrolled in DEP if it matters. I'd love to not have to manually add this to every iPad and still be able to track where they are.

3 REPLIES 3

Kaltsas
Contributor III

We have suggested to our rep that there should be Find My iPhone type functionality built into the DEP (maybe for 2.0). His assertion is right now Apple views Find my iPhone as a strictly consumer service, that we bend it to our enterprise will is outside the expectation of how the service works.

We have been toying with the idea of generating individual IDs for our devices (we have aprox. 1000 iPhones).

There are some tools that can help facilitate this.

https://github.com/brandonusher/Apple-ID-AppleScript

stiermanc
New Contributor

I did end up creating AppleIDs for each device for the App store to allow us to distribute apps with VPP and Casper. So I have individual accounts for each one, but we want all the iPads on a single account for the Find my iPhone.

That would be great if they add that functionality to DEP, would save me a ton of time configuring the iCloud accounts since they can't be pushed with a configuration profile....Not sure why they don't think "enterprise" would want to track their assets.

Kaltsas
Contributor III

I don't suppose it's that they don't think that enterprise would want to track their assets, it's just that as designed Find My iPhone is structured to be used by a consumer not enterprise. I'd tell your regional rep this is something your interested in. The more people complain the more apple is likely to do something about it.