disabling internet access from an AD account that has administrative rights

jjmicho
New Contributor

We need to disable internet access from an AD account that has administrative rights, but still allow any standard AD user the ability to access the internet.

I am using Jamf Pro 10.13.1, I tried using a Configuration Profile with the Proxy payload, by enabling the Enable Web Proxy (HTTP) and Enable Secure Web Proxy (HTTPS) options and entering in a fake web proxy address. We do not use a proxy so the thought was by entering in a fake address a user will not be able to get to the internet via a browser.

This worked in principle, but unfortunately it applies to any AD user who logs in even though I only applied it to the AD group that has administrative rights, I tried applying at the Computer level using exceptions and at the User Level using exceptions but to no avail.

I need to implement it via a profile, otherwise an admin account could undo any manual setting.

Basically we want to prevent a user who is logged in as an admin using a Domain User account from getting out to the internet, but allow any standard domain user to be able to browse the internet.

0 REPLIES 0