Disabling JAMF Notifications on Macs

RC408
New Contributor II

I just took over a jamf environment and doing some clean up. I noticed a few active systems that no longer belong to the company showing up in jamf. I want to remove our profiles and un-manage the system, but I don't want to have the current users see this. I don't want them to think they are getting hacked or something else. We currently get notifications when logging on and off, when polices are being ran. I don't recall where these settings are. It's been a while since I managed jamf and just want to make sure I set the correct settings or exclude these 2 systems from those notifications

4 REPLIES 4

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III
We currently get notifications when logging on and off, when polices are being ran. I don't recall where these settings are.

Settings > Computer Management > Login/Logout Hooks > "Display status of login/logout hook actions to users"

Uncheck this item ^

RC408
New Contributor II

I don't see login/logout hooks under computer management. We're running Jamf Pro v10.15.1. I've poked around in the various policies and config profiles, with no luck. I'm going to generate a summary of everything and see if I can't locate the setting that way.

Thanks for your response, any other ideas or places I can check?

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

My bad. The proper path is Settings > Computer Management > Check-in > Login/Logout Hooks Give that a try.

RC408
New Contributor II

That was it, thanks for helping me locate this.