DMGs delivered through policies are giving an error: no mountable file system

BHSnet
New Contributor

So I'm wondering if anyone besides me has been having this issue when delivering dmgs through a JSS policy. It will give this error on some macs, but not others. It's an odd issue I've been experiencing.

To give an example, I created a printer drivers dmg utilizing a composer workflow. I tested it on a lab macbook air that I have handy and everything works fine. I test it on a second lab macbook pro retina I have and it gives me the error in question. But heres the trick, I have the policy setup to deliver the drivers once per computer, when I flush the error in my JSS, restart the mac, and try to push it out on the machine again it works just fine. I for the life of me cannot deduce what would be causing this issue to happen when its initially delivered.

Any help would be appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2

htse
Contributor III

an incomplete download of the disk image would give that type of error. You would need to pull the downloaded file from /Library/Applications Support/JAMF to prove that theory.

daubenspeckm
New Contributor

Same issues here, ever since the 9.8 upgrade actually. Random flushing of the policy mostly seems to cure it, but there are a few random machines that constantly get the same error.