DRC Insight on iPads - WIDA

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

Has anyone discovered a way to set the org unit for WIDA/DRC Insight testing on iOS using App Configuration?

18 REPLIES 18

cdenesha
Valued Contributor II

We use DRC Insight for our LAS Links testing with a Central Office Server. In the guide for setting up the COS it provides instructions for an iOS.plist configuration profile you can deploy with the app. Extracting just the <dict> section from the plist allows me to paste it into the App Configuration for the app when I deploy it. Hopefully your WIDA manuals show you something similar..

<dict>
<key>ouIds</key>
<array>
<string>123456789</string>
</array>
</dict>

blackholemac
Valued Contributor III

I can confirm that@cdenesha ’s method works. This is how we set this for WIDA and it works across our district.

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

Hi @blackholemac and thanks!

I am able to enter my location ID manually in the app and the app then allows me to navigate to my Login screen.
When I apply this App Config (copy pasting from above) , replacing the placeholder number with my location ID, the app fails to open. I am currently waiting on my assessment coordinator, meanwhile does your App Config also look like what is included above?
Sandy

petedogg
New Contributor II

This is what we are using for the app config:

<dict>
<key>ouIds</key>
</dict>
</plist>

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

Thanks @petedogg !
My DAC is downloading the official plist files for me now! Sandy

Eigger
Contributor III

I cannot find a way to deploy DRC Insight iPad App to other Schools that has a different ORG Unit ID. Edit; I guess the only way for me is to deploy the app without config and let the Teachers put in the org unit ID of their site manually.

Emmert
Valued Contributor

@Eigger You can add apps to the catalog multiple times; you should be able to add it separately for each scope and ORG ID you need.

Sadly, after I set this config in place now the app just crashes on launch for me. Also, it looks like our Mac config is longer JSON file containing other details, not just XML with ORG ID.

Any ideas, anyone?

Sandy
Valued Contributor II

Ours are working, App Version 10.3.0
We edited the App name to include the school and were able to add multiple instances, one for each school (for us, in their site as well)
Here is the exact syntax we got from downloading the iOS plist from the COS and then removing the header
Download:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
  <key>ouIds</key>
</dict>
</plist>

What we put into App Config (replacing the placeholder with each school's unique ou):

<dict>
  <key>ouIds</key>
</dict>
</plist>

Emmert
Valued Contributor

Ah, there we go. The array tag from the first post was unnecessary. This works:

<dict>
<key>ouIds</key>
<string>00000000</string>
</dict>

Eigger
Contributor III

Thanks @Emmert I didn't know you can add apps multiple times, I have never deployed apps in our district before with app config. I'm used to cloning policies! lol!

kmeyer
New Contributor

This was working for us in 10.3.0, but it doesn't seem to be working in 11.0.1 for iOS.
Is anyone else having this issue?

We're using the following format, but the devices still report "Configuration Not found" after installing from Self Service:

<dict><key>ouIds</key><string>123456789</string></dict>

jmdaul
New Contributor II

@kmeyer I'm having the exact same issue, with DRC version 11.0.1. for iOS. I've tried about every form of the configuration listed in this thread and it won't pull the configuration.

wltorres
New Contributor II

IM having the same exact Issue.

jerrystephens
New Contributor

Same issue here on 11.0.1 I have tried every combination I can think of and still no luck.

btaitt
Contributor

We are encountering the same issue, it has always worked until now. We created a support ticket with them, it would be good for others to do the same.

WIDA@datarecognitioncorp.com

toster1532
New Contributor

@btaitt let us know what they say to you i'm going to be opening a ticket as well but i'm curious what yours says as well it really seems like there is an issue on there end not accepting the configuration

blackholemac
Valued Contributor III

An update on this issue. We had WIDA working all through until before the pandemic broke out. All of a sudden since then, the MDM App Config string stopped working. I worked with Data Recognition Corp. and found that they failed to include the MDM App Config config in the some of their app versions since it had stopped working. We lit a fire under them and well as of today, 11.0.2 was released in the App Store with support for MDM installations. Hope this helps...by the way, our config file that is now successfully working resembles @Sandy 's post from earlier in this thread.

btaitt
Contributor

We just ran 11.0.2 and confirmed that it's working with the app config.