We use DRC Insight for our LAS Links testing with a Central Office Server. In the guide for setting up the COS it provides instructions for an iOS.plist configuration profile you can deploy with the app. Extracting just the <dict> section from the plist allows me to paste it into the App Configuration for the app when I deploy it. Hopefully your WIDA manuals show you something similar..
<dict> <key>ouIds</key> <array> <string>123456789</string> </array> </dict>
Hi @blackholemac and thanks!
I am able to enter my location ID manually in the app and the app then allows me to navigate to my Login screen.
When I apply this App Config (copy pasting from above) , replacing the placeholder number with my location ID, the app fails to open. I am currently waiting on my assessment coordinator, meanwhile does your App Config also look like what is included above?
I cannot find a way to deploy DRC Insight iPad App to other Schools that has a different ORG Unit ID. Edit; I guess the only way for me is to deploy the app without config and let the Teachers put in the org unit ID of their site manually.
@Eigger You can add apps to the catalog multiple times; you should be able to add it separately for each scope and ORG ID you need.
Sadly, after I set this config in place now the app just crashes on launch for me. Also, it looks like our Mac config is longer JSON file containing other details, not just XML with ORG ID.
Any ideas, anyone?
Ours are working, App Version 10.3.0
We edited the App name to include the school and were able to add multiple instances, one for each school (for us, in their site as well)
Here is the exact syntax we got from downloading the iOS plist from the COS and then removing the header
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"> <plist version="1.0"> <dict> <key>ouIds</key> <string>123456789</string> </dict> </plist>
What we put into App Config (replacing the placeholder with each school's unique ou):
<dict> <key>ouIds</key> <string>123456789</string> </dict> </plist>
This was working for us in 10.3.0, but it doesn't seem to be working in 11.0.1 for iOS.
Is anyone else having this issue?
We're using the following format, but the devices still report "Configuration Not found" after installing from Self Service:
An update on this issue. We had WIDA working all through until before the pandemic broke out. All of a sudden since then, the MDM App Config string stopped working. I worked with Data Recognition Corp. and found that they failed to include the MDM App Config config in the some of their app versions since it had stopped working. We lit a fire under them and well as of today, 11.0.2 was released in the App Store with support for MDM installations. Hope this helps...by the way, our config file that is now successfully working resembles @Sandy 's post from earlier in this thread.