Dual-Boot partitioning

Not applicable

I'm working with Casper Imaging version 7 and the Casper Admin tool allows you to set second partitions for Dual-Boot. You can set a size and % of drive. then a Winclone image for that 2nd partition.
However, I don't see a way in Casper Imaging (when NetBooted) to adjust the partition size at the time of imaging. Say the configuration was set to 32GB - 35% of drive and I want 50% for a particular computer. Can I adjust the partition size in Casper Imaging, or will I need to setup multiple configs in CasperAdmin for different partition sizes?

Nathaniel Lindley

++++++++++
Information Technology
Saint Paul Public Schools
Saint Paul, Minnesota
nathaniel.lindley at spps.org
phone: 651-248-6861

4 REPLIES 4

Not applicable

I'm using a winclone image with just a regular configuration (not using an
additional partition). Just use Disk util to create the Windows partition
at whatever size you want, then lay the image down directly to that
Windows partition.

Not applicable

Here is what I figured out so far. You can't adjust partition size in Casper Imaging (that I've found). We have used different scripts in the past, but are trying to native tools for this.

Not applicable

I guess I hit Send too soon.

You can't adjust partition size in Casper Imaging (that I've found). We have used different scripts in the past, but are trying to native tools for this. When I set Additional Partitions in the Configuration settings.
If you set the size to 50GB and the percentage to 30% then the LARGEST that the partition will be is 50GB and it will take up no more than 30% of the available space. The Macintosh HD will be at least 70% of the drive. So on a 500GB drive, my windows partition will be 50GB and the Mac partition will be 450GB (roughly speaking). And on a 120GB drive the Windows partition will be 36GB (Actually 33GB b/c drive available is 111GB) and the Mac partition will be 84GB . This will work for me now that I understand it. I thought it was the other way, make the partition at least 50GB and up to 30% of drive. We may want to adjust those settings but the principal is the same.

When somemone needs a different partition size, we can me a new config, :( or they can partition with script or Disk Utility.

Nathaniel Lindley

++++++++++
Information Technology
Saint Paul Public Schools
Saint Paul, Minnesota
nathaniel.lindley at spps.org
phone: 651-248-6861

tlarkin
Honored Contributor

I have always modified the script when doing this and then restarted the process since the settings are pulled from the image script I was using. I haven't tried 7 and winclone yet, but have used winclone in the past.