Dual-boot - windows partition installs, but Macintosh HD erases

gfarabaugh
New Contributor

When imaging for dual-booting machines, my macintosh HD erases and I end up only with a windows partition called BOOTCAMP.

Everything looks normal when copying the mac os captured dmg, installing bootcamp, partitioning, but at some point it seems to remove the Macintosh HD for good and it only leaves the BOOTCAMP partition (with a functional windows 7).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

5 REPLIES 5

andrew_stenehje
Contributor

We just started running into what may be the same thing on some machines today. During the imaging process, it unmounts our Macintosh HD when it says it's copying the Winclone image over. The drive never gets re-mounted and is not bootable so it just netboots again when finished. It only seems to be happening on some machines and not others.

andrew_stenehje
Contributor

We found that we only see the problem when using our 10.6 netboot image. It doesn't happen when using our 10.8 netboot image. It's possible that it's a size issue... we built in more free space to our 10.8 netboot image.

gfarabaugh
New Contributor

What size bootcamp are you using and whats the max % of drive?

Thanks!

andrew_stenehje
Contributor

Our Winclone image is about 11 GB. I have the Image Configuration set to create a 50 GB partition that's no more than 50% of the total drive.

gfarabaugh
New Contributor

I'll give it a try and let you know the result.

Thanks for the info!