EA for Adobe CC Desktop

csanback
New Contributor III

Wondering if anyone had a EA that looks to see if the feature to allow non-admin users to install updates is enabled or not. I know its in the ServiceConfig file, I just don't know how to create an EA to read this.

Mac OS: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/Configs/ServiceConfig.xml

In the file, locate the <feature> element and set the content of the <enabled> childelement to True or False (Default) to enable or disable Elevated privileges.

<feature>

<name>SelfServeInstalls</name>

<enabled>true</enabled>

</feature>

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

kendalljjohnson
Contributor II

Great idea, hadn't thought of an EA to monitor that. Here's something I just threw together, happy to take suggestions of making it cleaner!

#!/bin/sh

if [ ! -f /Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/Configs/ServiceConfig.xml ]; then
  echo "<result>Not Installed</result>"
else
  adminEnabled=$(cat /Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/Configs/ServiceConfig.xml | sed -ne '/enabled/{s/.*<enabled>(.*)</enabled>.*/1/p;q;}')
  echo "<result>$adminEnabled</result>"
fi

View solution in original post

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Just a slight modification to my post above, which gets rid of the cat as it's not necessary for this. This avoids using 2 utilities and a pipe for one command.

/usr/bin/xpath /Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/Configs/ServiceConfig.xml '/config/feature[name="SelfServeInstalls"]/enabled/text()' 2>/dev/null

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

mm2270

I don't use the product, but if you can post an example of what the entire file looks like, we can probably help build a script to grab that info. I just don't know what the rest of the xml(?) looks like so it's hard to know how to script it from the bits in your post.

poormatt
New Contributor III

Is this what your file looks like?

<config><panel><name>AppsPanel</name><visible>true</visible></panel><feature><name>SelfServeInstalls</name><enabled>true</enabled></feature></config>

kendalljjohnson
Contributor II

Great idea, hadn't thought of an EA to monitor that. Here's something I just threw together, happy to take suggestions of making it cleaner!

#!/bin/sh

if [ ! -f /Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/Configs/ServiceConfig.xml ]; then
  echo "<result>Not Installed</result>"
else
  adminEnabled=$(cat /Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/Configs/ServiceConfig.xml | sed -ne '/enabled/{s/.*<enabled>(.*)</enabled>.*/1/p;q;}')
  echo "<result>$adminEnabled</result>"
fi

mm2270

Something like this, if the data posted above is accurate, should be able to grab just that "enabled" string (true or false)

cat /Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/Configs/ServiceConfig.xml | xpath '/config/feature[name="SelfServeInstalls"]/enabled/text()'

I can't effectively test since I don't have it installed.

csanback
New Contributor III

Thanks @kendalljjohnson and @mm2270 I'll give those a go and see what I get. Never ceases to amaze me how awesome this community is. I'll let you know what I get.

@poormatt yeah that is exactly what it looks like

mm2270

Just a slight modification to my post above, which gets rid of the cat as it's not necessary for this. This avoids using 2 utilities and a pipe for one command.

/usr/bin/xpath /Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/Configs/ServiceConfig.xml '/config/feature[name="SelfServeInstalls"]/enabled/text()' 2>/dev/null

csanback
New Contributor III

Those both worked! Thanks for the assist.