Edit MDM Profile W/ Apple Configurator

jared_f
Valued Contributor

Does anybody know how I can edit our MDM profile with Apple Configurator? It states "Mobile Device Management Profiles cannot be edited". I would like to make changed to the name and organization without changing my whole MDM.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

mjsanders
New Contributor III

Normally you cannot edit a MDM profile, since it is usually signed by the MDM, and I suppose name and organisation are part of the setup of the MDM.

What is the reason you do not edit the profile on the MDM (if Jamf, using the web interface)?

If you really want (not recommended) you can remove the signature, edit the profile (it is 'just' xml) and use it (unsigned, i.e. not to be trusted !!)

Amsys UK has an automator workflow to remove the signatures (de-sign) posted here: https://github.com/amsysuk/automator

jared_f
Valued Contributor

Thanks @mjsanders, we use Cisco Meraki and JAMF Now (Bushel) to manage devices. Currently, we do not need all the features of JAMF Pro (but are keeping it in mind). I would just like to call it "MDM Profile" like JAMF Pro does it, but Meraki and JAMF Now name the profiles very weird and we want to have our organization name on it. Thanks for the response.

jared_f
Valued Contributor

I tried it, it seems as soon as the device checks into our server it recognized that the MDM Profile is unsigned and reinstalls it signed (with the new name). It was worth a try :) . . .