Email notifications not working after migration to cloud

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

I set up email notifications for issues like policy failures,new versions of applications, and notifications were coming through fine. I would get notifications when a policy failed, when a new version of zoom or Skype or whatever application was released I would get that notification.

Now after we migrated to the cloud the only notifications I get are when new application versions are released. Why am I only receiving new version notifications but not failed policy notifications?

10 REPLIES 10

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

Hi all - anybody have this email notification issue after upgrading to JAMF cloud?

Previously I would get the notifications that i CHECKED under my JAMF PRO login. I would get emails for failed policies, smart group changes, new software versions, ............... but after going to JAMF Cloud all i get is emails when a new version of software is available such as the recent Zoom 5.1.0, Skype, Adobe reader.

but all other email notifications are not coming in. The emails informing me of failed policies was huge notifications for me, now i don't get them.

tomt
Valued Contributor

The most likely reason is that your SMTP settings are pointing to a server that is not reachable for some reason.

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

@tomt i was thinking that but why is new software version information still being sent to me? that was one of the many notifications i have checked, and the only notifications i'm getting.

i checked the smtp settings earlier today and a few weeks ago, it's the same as it's always been before and after the cloud migration

tomt
Valued Contributor

Do you have notifications turned on here at Jamf Nation for new software? Those would come directly from Jamf and not through whatever SMTP you have set up for your policy notifications.

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

@tomt when logged into Jamf Pro web browser i click the top right user icon as if i'm going to logout, instead i click the 'notifications' and a bunch of options to check are displayed. I check the options i want. Ever since cloud migration i get nothing but new software version release notifications.

i submitted a support with Jamf and have not heard back yet.

tomt
Valued Contributor

@tcandela Yes, I see the same thing. If you look at the attached image, you'll see that Patch Notifications are under the Jamf Pro column as well as the Email column. I'm assuming that if you have Patch Reporting checked under the Jamf Pro column, the message comes straight from Jamf as opposed to through your mail server.
2a45653ab43442e98b49699eb7357e05

tomt
Valued Contributor

You know what, I stand corrected. Turning on the Notification under the Jamf column just adds them all to the Notifications in Jamf Pro. Kind of useless LOL.
4d84b6408ea6455f8d58ffc82ed079a3

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

That is the only notifications im receiving is under the jamf pro column. Under the email column i haven't received a notification since migration to cloud month ago

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

Does anyone have their jamf cloud setup working with their smtp to have notifications sent?
If so, send me a pic of your settings, blocking out necessary info. I want to see if i have the same options set

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

Looks like this is an issue that customers want taken care off

https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/feature-requests/3624/include-smtp-server-for-a-hosted-jss