Outlook 16.37 Google Mail and Catalina

rgerman
Contributor

Had the oddest thing happen a 2 weeks ago. We always tell our users to use Chrome for Google Apps, Email, Contact, Calendar as it is the most reliable method but some users due to their workflow really want Outlook. I have caved for some of the users and give them a big disclaimer... It works but I cant guarantee it 100% of the time as I have seen it stop working. In general, it does work pretty well. The user gets email, contacts and calendar but no labels which is something they are willing to accept. So as expected... Gmail in Outlook started behaving inconsistently.. missing swaths of emails in Outlook that showed up in Chrome. I ran a bunch of test deleting and re-adding the offending account and it was consistently, inconsistent. By chance... I noticed something. If I changed my default web browser to Chrome in the OS, then added the account in Outlook... I got a pop up window that said open in Outlook after I accepted the Google connection window. Then voila everything worked... no missing emails, calendar or contacts. This was such a weird issue, I wanted to share, just incase anyone else runs into this problem.

Best,
Ray

0 REPLIES 0