Emailing Report to include number of devices and date

steven_baillie
New Contributor

I have setup a search to email a report. This Is fine. If I email the file manually from within jamf the file is called 361 Mobile Devices in Last Inventory 24Hrs.csv but if the file is sent automatically it is called Last Inventory 24Hrs.csv. Is it possible to have file name have the number of devices in the name when it is sent automatically. All is it possible to included the date in the name. If this is not possible can the subject of the email include a field or variable for the number of devices and the date.

4 REPLIES 4

DBruner
New Contributor

I'm looking for the same thing. My other management systems are able to accept a variable in the subject line to produce the current date in the subject line of the email. 

AlwaysLearning
New Contributor

I'm also hoping for an answer for this. I'd like to be able to include the total number of enrolled computers so that my report has some context. I haven't found where I can include this in the Advanced Search criteria and am hoping there's a way to add it to the email's Subject line.

AlwaysLearning
New Contributor

Okay, bad news. I just got confirmation from Jamf Support that there are no options for variables or the like that can be added to the subject line of an emailed Advance Search. Back to the drawing board...

DBruner
New Contributor

Thanks for the update on this.