Enable Single App Mode with Self Service

PASRBCS
New Contributor

Good Afternoon all,

I have a deployment that I am working on and want to see if others have done something similar. I am deploying iPads to several locations that need to act as Kiosks with a locked down survey for the public, but also allow access to a Web based video translation service when it's needed by the staff.  So I was wondering if there is a way to deploy the configuration profile for each service through Self Service?  That way depending on the use case, the profile can be changed back and forth.

If anyone has experience doing this or suggestions for other solutions that you have done, please let me know. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Fluffy
Contributor III

As for the configuration profile, it sounds like a combination of Single App Mode and a Content Filter, yes? Thus making it so you cannot leave the app. Not being able to leave the app would mean unable to navigate to the Self Service app.

If that is the configuration you are looking for, I personally don't know a way of changing the profiles other than changing it through Jamf Pro.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Fluffy
Contributor III

As for the configuration profile, it sounds like a combination of Single App Mode and a Content Filter, yes? Thus making it so you cannot leave the app. Not being able to leave the app would mean unable to navigate to the Self Service app.

If that is the configuration you are looking for, I personally don't know a way of changing the profiles other than changing it through Jamf Pro.