Enrolled Laptop doesnt check in

nicaisound
New Contributor

Hi,

We have a laptop that has a user account with admin rights, we dont know the password of the account. We need to get in to the laptop. I have created a policy to create a new admin account but the laptop hasn't checked in for the last 30 days. All enrolled laptop should check in with JAMF every 15m in our setup. It has internet connection and is showing a jamf binary version. I've tried sending blank push, no luck on that.

Any idea what I should do next?

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

DBrowning
Valued Contributor II

if you know the password to your management account (the one created when you enroll the computer) you can login with that account.

jmonty
New Contributor II

If you don't have Filevault enabled you could try resetting the password through recovery mode.

nicaisound
New Contributor

@ddcdennisb the management account's password is randomized..

nicaisound
New Contributor

@jmonty don't think filevault is enabled but it's asking for a recovery key. How do you reset the password through recovery mode on sierra?

thanks!

callum_baird82
New Contributor II

@nicaisound is the recovery key stored in JAMF? Head to the computer listing and the management tab should show filevault details and ability to see the filevault recovery key. If you have it configured to store them.

nicaisound
New Contributor

@callum.baird82 , no it's not stored in Jamf. On jamf it says FileVault2 is not configured but on the computer it's asking for a recovery key :S

dustink
New Contributor II

Have you checked the time/location settings & enable location in Security & Privacy? might have to toggle the check box. I've seen the clock be a couple seconds off and items just fail or it no longer checks in and once you toggle the set location it corrects