Enrolling El capitan to JSS 9.73

jamfmdm
New Contributor

I'm having an error message when i run the quick time package for enrolling macbook to jss.

5 REPLIES 5

m_entholzner
Contributor III
Contributor III

El Capitan is supported only with JSS 9.8 and above. You have to update your JSS to get 10.11 clients managed.

jamfmdm
New Contributor

policies will not work on El capitan if we are using 9.73? We have one Macbook that we upgrade to El capitan it just enroll it self automatically.

rtrouton
Release Candidate Programs Tester

You will be able to enroll and get inventories from a 10.11 Mac which is enrolled to Casper 9.73, but most policies will not run correctly or will fail completely.

Upgrading to Casper 9.81 is the recommended course, as that version includes official support for OS X 10.11.x.

jamfmdm
New Contributor

@rtrouton i tried to enroll 10.11 but is not enrolling on our jss 9.73.

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

The location of the jamf binary had to be moved to accommodate for SIP in 10.11. 9.8 is the first version of the JSS to move the jamf binary to /usr/local/jamf/ (as opposed to /usr/sbin/ where it has been) because third parties can no longer write to /usr/sbin/ and other protected directories. 9.81 is the first version of the JSS and tools that includes full 10.11 support. If you're wanting to actually enroll and manage 10.11 Macs you'll need to upgrade your infrastructure to 9.81.