Enrollment failing with Mavericks

aamjohns
Contributor II

We are on JSS 9.24. Every new Mavericks machine we try to enroll via URL and running quickadd.pkg is hanging indefinitely. The enrollment works, I see the system show up in the JSS, but when I talk to the tech they will say 'it has been enrolling for the last two hours'. If you attempt to terminate the process 1) you are told you cannot 2) warns of damage to system. Based on what I have found on here, I have people hard shutdown the computer, reboot, and then it boots back up and everything seems ok.

I am wondering though, when will this be fixed or is there something I can do to stop this issue? We have a lot of systems yet to enroll and this is not ideal.

Thanks,
Aaron.

4 REPLIES 4

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

Hi Aaron,

That would be something I’d recommend reaching out to your Account Manager about if you have not done so already.

When you do, please attach a system.log and jamf.log (if one exists) from one of the affected clients as well as a JAMFSoftwareServer.log so we can take a look at all three and see what the client machine thinks is happening vs. what the JSS thinks is happening.

If you happen to have any screenshots of error screens, if any appear, those would be helpful as well.

That will help us narrow down possible causes.

If your JAMFSoftwareServer.log is over 10MB, we’ll need to zip it up to get the size trimmed down before attaching it to an e-mail.

Thanks!
Amanda Wulff
JAMF Software Support

aamjohns
Contributor II

Ok. Thank you.

johnnasset
Contributor

Do you have any policies set to run via the Enrollment Complete trigger? We found that quick add was hanging as well when a policy had this trigger.

aamjohns
Contributor II

Yes I do. I will try turning those triggers off and see what happens. Thank you.

Do you happen to know, it is any policy on enrollment complete that can cause an issue, or a particular kind of policy?

The first policy that runs on enrollment complete is a randomize management account password policy. That policy seems to be the last on logged until we reboot.