Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 6 kudos

Pristine image?

Do people still use instadmg for a pristine/clean image or are people using deploy studio or something else for 10.9 images before pushing policies, apps, scripts etc....  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casper Administrator Certifications and Salary

Does anyone know a ball park figure for what an average Certified Casper Administror should make? Would this be similar to a Systems Administrator or level 2-3 help desk? I need to hire one already certified and with prior experience but have no idea...  View more

• 24 replies
  • 0 kudos

Brain-picking -- TV used to display student projects

Not necessarily a Casper question, but I need to pick some brains. We're looking to use TVs in our common areas to display student projects and accomplishments. Background:--We don't want to use CCTV/cable or something to that effect...we would prefe...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Where are Configuration Profiles Stored?

Does anybody know where configuration profiles that have been applied to the system and user live in the file system? I've been scouring up and down the file system, and can't seem to find it.  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault 2 and Thunderbolt docks

At my institution we are using the Belkin Thunderbolt Express dock with many of the Macbook Pros we've deployed and have been mostly pleased with them. Recently, we have begun encrypting the laptops with FileVault 2 in order to comply with the result...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Zscaler Proxy

Is anyone using Zscaler in their environment. We are getting ready to deploy it at my company this week. http://www.zscaler.com/  View more

• 14 replies
  • 1 kudos

smart group from CSV file

I was just given a list of 2500 users that need to be cross referenced into the JSS and a group made out of them (not all of them will be in the JSS). Is there a way to take this CSV list and create a smart group based off them?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.10 Firstboot scripts

Assuming this doesn't interfere with NDA - With 10.10 release soon upon us, has anybody got any first boot scripts to share or find things that don't work that previously did?  View more

• 32 replies
  • 0 kudos

Use ARDagent.app/kickstart to enable SSH?

I'm working to get a bunch of OS X machines discoverable on my work network so that they can be managed by SCCM/Parallels SCCM Plug-In. So far the best solution i have is to physically touch each machine and enable remote mgmt, vnc, and ssh. I have a...  View more

• 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

JNUC 2014 Restaurants

Stumbled across this list of the 38 best Minneapolis restaurants: http://minneapolis.eater.com/maps/the-38-essential-minneapolis-restaurants-october-14 I figured I'd share for those of you who get to expense meals :) Cheers, see you in MN! --Andy  View more

• 38 replies
  • 0 kudos

Inadvertent lockdown of screensaver settings

Hi Folks, New Casper Suite user here. I'm working on a rollout of Casper at my company and I've hit an oddity with trying to control screen saver security. It looks like the collective wisdom is to manage this by script and I've put together one that...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Preconfigured user profile for lab environment

When I was doing Windows support, I had the luxury of being able to use mandatory profiles to keep lab profiles with specific settings in order. Students don't have their own accounts so it was easy to configure a profile exactly the way an instructo...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Automating Extensis UTC font sync

In my quest to speed up the time my clients take downloading fonts from my font repository server on initial conenction, I have been asking around if there is a solution to "cache" the fonts during or post imaging. The process of connecting to the fo...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Scope of discussion

Playbook Automation of JSS Infrastructures:Is the scope of this presentation going to be consistent configuration and automation of JSS installations? For instance: a managed service provider want's to deliver the same JSS configuration to all it's c...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

9.52 Glitch or my mistake?

I just spent an hour fixing an issue, don't know if this is a bug or my mistake: Added 27 new iPads to the JSS Did a search on the iPad numbers I assigned in Configurator The search found the 27 iPads I clicked on the "Action" button at the bottom. I...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

JAMF Recon command not updating certain info

I have a script that worked perfectly the last 2 school years so probably pre-Casper 9. Since we upgraded to Casper 9 mid school year last year. This script figures out who the current logged in user is and then hits Active Directory to get their AD ...  View more

• 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

iTunes App Sync managment

I was wondering if there was a setting somewhere that allows me to set whether or not an iPad will install apps that are sync'd with iCloud.  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Uninstall ClamxAv

Anyone already have something put together to completely Uninstall ClamXav (engine, app, etc). I have come across the EngineRemover.command. Just wondering if anyone has something all inclusive already. Prepping Sophos 9x deployment. thx, John  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Management Tab Showing Up Strangely

Hi folks, Was hoping to get some direction on an issue where the management tab doesn't load properly. https://www.dropbox.com/s/1zru2evtgue3zdw/Screenshot%202014-10-07%2010.42.14.png?dl=0 I expected to see what smart groups they were a part of etc. ...  View more

• 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deleteing Issue Casper Focus Classes

The format we used for the SiS importer must have been wrong, because when it was done, we had almost 23,000 classes. So I tried importing classes again and using the "Delete Existing Classes" check box, but it just runs and it's at 0% for a long tim...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Self Service showing wrong User's credentials

After upgrading to Casper 9.5.1 (from 9.31), I noticed at least one (possibly more) machines showing the wrong login credentials. This machine is showing the login credentials in Self Service for the machine's previous user. It was re-imaged and the ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Justall casper and JSS

Hello, I am new to casper and JSS. What will be my next step? I want to start doing imaging and adding computers not sure how to do it ? can any one help me  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Linux Distribution Point sync issues

I'm trying to sync a master distribution point to child distribution point. I keep receiving an error "File does not exist on the master distribution point". I can see the dmg file on the master distribution point and permissions look fine. Both dist...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors