Enrollment question

coldconfession1
New Contributor II

I had a question about Enrollment policies. If I have policies set for just Enrollment does it only work once when it's a new device and being setup? Or does it run those policies if the device has been wiped and reinstalled OS which would make the Enrollment policies run. Not understanding the Enrollment policies. I've just saw Jamfs video on auto enrollment with using this script https://gist.github.com/e1848e3b410395f05c9fcd9ed78386a5. I was curious on creating a policy that says Enrollment Complete would it just install once on first setup of device or if device is wiped and reinstalled OS.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tribruin
Valued Contributor II

Jamf will ATTEMPT to run enrollment policies each time the computer is wiped & re-enrolled. However, if you policy is set to Once Per Computer, it will not run again. What you want to do is turn on this setting 

Settings -> Re-enrollment -> Clear policy logs on computers. 

That will clear all logs on the computer and ensure that any completed policies run again, even if they are Once Per Computer. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Tribruin
Valued Contributor II

Jamf will ATTEMPT to run enrollment policies each time the computer is wiped & re-enrolled. However, if you policy is set to Once Per Computer, it will not run again. What you want to do is turn on this setting 

Settings -> Re-enrollment -> Clear policy logs on computers. 

That will clear all logs on the computer and ensure that any completed policies run again, even if they are Once Per Computer.