Enrollment seems to be incomplete - iOS 9.2.1 Casper 9.82 and AC2

rchawla
New Contributor III

Hi All. I'm a bit stuck here and could use some advice. I'm sure I'm missing something important. I'm using Apple Configurator 2 to roll-out some iPad Minis. I have three blueprints created. The first apples the trust cert and a wi-fi profile. The second applies the Casper enrollment. The third applies restrictions. Anyway, I run through them and then check Mobile Device inventory in Casper. I see the iPad listed by serial number - NOT by device name. None of the Apps scoped for the device - or Self Service - have downloaded to the device and none are listed as scoped.

This all worked just fine last week. Curious thing - when I look on the iPad mini under General - Profiles - and I explore the MDM profile by clicking More Details, I see that the Web Clip element is missing. I see it on an iPad mini I deployed last week - on that iPad Mini, self-service and the scoped apps started downloading right away.

These devices have all been enrolled in Casper in the past and have been deleted and reimaged and re-deployed in AC2. Again, now the enrollment seems very incomplete.

Any thoughts / suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3

wdpickle
Contributor

Just an FYI, our Apple SE said that configurator 2 and the MDM part doesn't exactly work. So he told us to drop it until the next iOS build (9.3ish). We were seeing pretty much what you are.
Others may have had better luck with this though.

rchawla
New Contributor III

I've heard of problems with enrolling automatically via URL in AC2 - but this worked just last week, so I'm not sure that applies.

rchawla
New Contributor III

Restarting Tomcat fixed this. I believe this was discussed in another post as well.