error creating criteria for smart group

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

I have smart groups for mapped printers, one smart group for 'does not have' and a second 'has'.

I just recently wanted to change the title of the smart group and it will not let me, when i save it, I get 'error creating criteria'

even when i go to create a new smart group with the same check for mapped printers I am getting 'error creating criteria' ?? running 9.81. is anyone else seeing this ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

the issue has resolved itself.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

I'd check you can create a new smart group with a very simple criteria entry, just to make sure the JSS is working.

Could you post a screenshot of your smart group criteria?

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

@tcandela

This is a situation in which it'd be best to get in touch with your TAM, as there is likely something going on that will require they take a look directly in the database with you.

If you haven't already created a case, please do so, and send along a copy of your JAMFSoftwareServer.log as that will likely contain a more detailed error message that will help your TAM figure out what's going on.

Thanks!
Amanda Wulff
JAMF Software Support

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

the issue has resolved itself.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

And no indication why it wasn't working before? Myself, I'd be wary of such a "solution" for a problem that could pop up again at any time. Was the JSS restarted by your admin or something?

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

@mm2270 yes I believe the JSS admins were doing something at the time this was happening.