Error Domain=JAMFSoftware/SelfService Code=30 - what does it mean?

Bernard_Huang
Contributor III

Hi all,

I have a shell script to run via Casper. I'm going into my Macbook as well. The shell script did do the thing it is intended to do. So I am satisfied with the outcome. But somehow Self Service always reports back a fail.

I'm checking JSS log as well as Console, they both report the script has completed successfully. But after all that, Self Service still pops up an error.

Console's JAMFApplications.log shows:
2016-05-09 14:07:03 <com.jamfsoftware.selfservice>: Error executing Policy "<script>"
Error Domain=JAMFSoftware/SelfService Code=30 "The operation couldn’t be completed. (JAMFSoftware/SelfService error 30.)"

Does anyone know what Error Code = 30 means?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bernard_Huang
Contributor III

Resolved :)

The error was I had the word "Error" in my script. My script contains error checking, and if any steps fails, it will echo "Error, something wrong here".

Apparently Casper will take any word "Error" within the script and takes it as a fail. Even when the shell scripts runs all successfully and bypasses all the non-required error checking.

We are using Casper 9.81 here. Apparently this will not happen anymore for Casper 9.82 or later.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Bernard_Huang
Contributor III

Resolved :)

The error was I had the word "Error" in my script. My script contains error checking, and if any steps fails, it will echo "Error, something wrong here".

Apparently Casper will take any word "Error" within the script and takes it as a fail. Even when the shell scripts runs all successfully and bypasses all the non-required error checking.

We are using Casper 9.81 here. Apparently this will not happen anymore for Casper 9.82 or later.

robert_distefan
New Contributor II
New Contributor II

Hey Bernard,

Very happy I could have been assistance today. As discussed earlier, this Product Issue (D-008499) has been resolved in 9.82 and once upgraded, you may continue to use the correct terminology in your scripts!

Rob Distefano
JAMF Software
support@jamfsoftware.com
Australia Support: +61 02 8015 2224

BK
New Contributor III

I was getting a similar issue: jamf[78309]: [DEBUG] Policy aggregate errors: ("Error Domain=com.jamfsoftware.payload.errors Code=2101 "(null)""

Self Service had a pop-up after the install. I was using 2 scripts. A Preinstall and a Postinstall. I added the line exit 0 to my end of my preinstall script that was being run before anything and it fixed it the error.