Error: Package was not successfully downloaded. 400

Jawalker
New Contributor II

I am trying to deploy the latest Falcon Sensor for CrowdStrike and keep getting an error message saying the package was not successfully downloaded and an error code # 400. I haven't been able to identify the problem for a month or two now. This has been tested using Intel, M1,M2, and M3 macbooks. Also we are using our default distribution point not the cloud distribution point if that makes a difference. I have this uploaded to our pro server already multiple times haha. When I manually install the package on the device i have no issues. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Screenshot 2024-06-04 at 4.43.41 PM.png

2 REPLIES 2

Tangentism
Contributor III

I'm having a similar issue on a customers instance but with a 1200 error.

Do you have SSL inspection that could be breaking the certs? Does it only happen on the internal network but works ok when external?

AJPinto
Honored Contributor III

I usually have to call Jamf for the download errors as they are not documented anywhere, I have found. 400 could literally be anything.

• If the issue is just this one package, make sure there is not something terminal with it like its more then 10gb (which I doubt it is). 
  • I would also watch the Jamf waiting room and see if the package starts to download at all, and what the size of the package is when the download fails. 
  • When in doubt logs, in this case jamf.log.