Execute Command in Policy Help

Sclewis
New Contributor III

I've following the instructions from the documentation to create a OS Ventura installer to test out manual OS Upgrades for our organization. I'm having issues with the command execution. The packager installs correctly and can be found in the /private/var folder, I can even go in and start the install from there. But I'm struggling with the command to get it to install. I've tried:  /private/var/Install\macOS\Ventura.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --agreetolicense. This yield a result of: No such file or directory. This was how one of Jamf's training video said to do it and I followed the instructions exactly.

I've also tried /private/var/Install macOS Ventura.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --agreetolicense

and the result of the command is: is a directory. 

I'm very inexperiences with the command line so any help is appreciated. Screenshot 2022-12-13 at 4.08.27 PM.pngScreenshot 2022-12-14 at 10.16.16 AM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

geoff_widdowson
Contributor II

try the following. The quote marks should gelp.

'/private/var/Install macOS Ventura.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall' --agreetolicense

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

geoff_widdowson
Contributor II

try the following. The quote marks should gelp.

'/private/var/Install macOS Ventura.app/Contents/Resources/startosinstall' --agreetolicense

Sclewis
New Contributor III

Thank you! That did the trick!