Extension Attribute to determine Old vs New Outlook user interface

tzeilstra
New Contributor III

I'm looking for an extension attribute that I could add that would report whether the currently logged in user has the old or the new Outlook UI.  We've run into some issues that seem to be fixed by switching between the two and while we have a gut feeling for how many of our users are still on the old UI, it'd be nice to have some data to back that up.  I haven't been able to find any preference files or anything else specifically that would really tell me one way or the other.  Has anyone else found anything that works?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DBrowning
Valued Contributor II

We used this a while ago.  Not sure if it still works.

#!/bin/sh

loggedInUser=$(scutil <<< "show State:/Users/ConsoleUser" | awk '/Name :/ && ! /loginwindow/ { print $3 }' )

NewOutlook=$(defaults read /Users/$loggedInUser/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Preferences/com.microsoft.Outlook IsRunningNewOutlook)

if [ "$NewOutlook" == "1" ]; then
	echo "<result>Enabled</result>"
else
	echo "<result>Disabled</result>"
fi

exit 0

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

DBrowning
Valued Contributor II

We used this a while ago.  Not sure if it still works.

#!/bin/sh

loggedInUser=$(scutil <<< "show State:/Users/ConsoleUser" | awk '/Name :/ && ! /loginwindow/ { print $3 }' )

NewOutlook=$(defaults read /Users/$loggedInUser/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Preferences/com.microsoft.Outlook IsRunningNewOutlook)

if [ "$NewOutlook" == "1" ]; then
	echo "<result>Enabled</result>"
else
	echo "<result>Disabled</result>"
fi

exit 0

tzeilstra
New Contributor III

@DBrowning  Nailed it - thank you!