FeatureLockdown on Acrobat Reader DC.

aquira_o
New Contributor

I wanted to restrict the ability to add an account for Acrobat Reader DC to the following plist (com.adobe.Reader.plist) and create the file Jamf Pro's Application & Custom settings Payload, but the The restriction did not apply.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>DC</key>
    <dict>
        <key>FeatureLockdown</key>
        <dict>
            <key>bUpdater</key>
            <false/>
            <key>cServices</key>
            <dict>
                <key>bToggleAdobeDocumentServices</key>
                <false/>
                <key>bToggleAdobeSign</key>
                <false/>
                <key>bTogglePrefsSync</key>
                <true/>
                <key>bToggleWebConnectors</key>
                <true/>
                <key>bUpdater</key>
                <false/>
            </dict>
            <key>cSharePoint</key>
            <dict>
                <key>bDisableSharePointFeatures</key>
                <true/>
            </dict>
        </dict>
    </dict>
</dict>
</plist>

However, when the same plist is directly stored in /Library/Preference, the restriction is applied.
I found out that the splist distributed from Application & Custom settings is stored in /Library/Managed Preference and the restriction is not applied.

In this case, what should I do if I want to distribute the splist from Jamf Pro to apply the restriction?
Please let me know if you have any good idea.

In addition, the target Mac is OSX 10.15.5, Application & Custom Settings payload, the Preference Domain is entered as "com.adobe.Reader".

2 REPLIES 2

Mike_McLean
New Contributor

Unfortunately the Adobe Reader/Pro “Lockable Preferences” and “Feature Lockdown” do not respect Managed Preferences. You need to place a lockdown file at /Library/Preferences/com.adobe.Reader.plist or /Library/Preferences/com.adobe.Acrobat.Pro.plist.

See this Note From Adobe

Also, the Adobe Preference Reference has documentation for bUpdater in the Services-Master Switches (DC) Section) that indicates that the correct value is 0 (or false) to Disable services and service component updates.

Mike_McLean
New Contributor
In this case, what should I do if I want to distribute the splist from Jamf Pro to apply the restriction? Please let me know if you have any good idea.

And I meant to add that the good idea is simply to build the /Library/Preferences/com.adobe.Reader.plist or /Library/Preferences/com.adobe.Acrobat.Pro.plist and “install” them on the devices with a Composer-built .pkg.