Features to Lockdown

msample
Contributor II

I've seen a few of the following features greyed-out, but only a couple of the features allow me to grey them out so that a user can't tamper with the changes:

Under, Users & Groups...Login Options... - display login windows as: name & password - show fast user switching

Under, Energy Saver... -Turn displays off after (both tabs "battery" & "power adapter")

Under, Sharing... -Remote Login

Under App Store... -automatically check for updates

If anyone has tips on greying-out these areas, that would be great to test

3 REPLIES 3

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

For most of those items you can use configuration profiles. You may need to use custom profiles for some bits but check out the GUI options first.

For remote login Casper already has an option to ensure SSH is running. I think it's under the computer management settings somewhere.

msample
Contributor II

Thanks for the follow up, David. Direct me to the Configuration Profiles tool.

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

HI,

You can get access to configuration profiles in the main JSS web interface. Select Computers at the top of the screen and then Configuration Profiles in the sidebar on the left.

If you need to create custom profiles you could look at @justinrummel's blog here: https://www.justinrummel.com/using-mcxtoprofile-with-the-casper-suite-for-advanced-configuration-pro...