Feedback error from the APNs Server

LaSagesse
New Contributor III

Hi all,

The following error appears in a mobile device's management history in inventory:
"The JSS has received a feedback error from the APNs server"

I read the "Troubleshooting an APNs Feedback Error in a Mobile Device's Management History" post

I try to disable one of my prestage client, and enable it after few time, but the problem is still there.

Do you have any ideas ?

Thanks a lot !

4 REPLIES 4

rhoward
Contributor

Very likely, the device needs to be re enrolled. Form when we've experienced this, it's due to a the push certificate needing to be updated or happened right after an update. For Macs you can run:

sudo jamf removemdmprofile
sudo jamf manage

LaSagesse
New Contributor III

Hello rhoward,

thanks for your answer ! How can i re-enrolled my ipads ? I hope i don't have to wipe them, i have more than 350 devices..

Can i do it automatically from my mdm ?

Thank you

rhoward
Contributor

Yes, if you go to the device under Mobilie Devices, go to the Management tab and there is an option for unmanaging devices. Then you have to manually enroll the devices using your enroll link (something like https://jss.yourdomain.com:8443/enroll). If you are using a prestage enrollment to prevent the profile from being removed, you will have to wipe the device in order to get this feature. Hope this helps!

LaSagesse
New Contributor III

Hello,

it's a very bad news... I actually choose the prestage enrollement for my devices.. so if I understand i have no issue ? i have to wipe all the devices ?

The second bad news, users can't wipe themself the devices, i disabled it in my policy of restriction... so if they want to wipe an iPad they have to use a computer with itunes....