FileVault 2 Individual Key Validation smart group not accurate ??

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

I have file vault 2 computer configuration going on computers. User logs out and gets prompted to enter password for file vault 2 to turn on et....

I have a smart group with the criteria: FileVault 2 Individual Key Validation is 'valid'

the only computer that shows up in this group is a single computer running 10.9
the computers running 10.10 do not show up in this smart group.

has anyone else encountered this ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

chriscollins
Valued Contributor

@tcandela The first thing you are going to need to do is update your JSS. 9.6 was the first version compatible with Yosemite/10.10 and even in that initial release I remember some issues with Yosemite and FileVault reporting.

Update your JSS then report back if it resolved things.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

alexjdale
Valued Contributor III

Nope, I am on 9.63 and my 10.10 systems with keys marked as Valid are showing up with that same Smart Group criteria.

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

So far I have 6 computers that have file vault 2 turned ON via this computer configuration profile. The recovery key for each is in the JSS, and have encrypted 100% complete, but the only computer showing up in the smart group is a single 10.9

Running 9.51

chriscollins
Valued Contributor

@tcandela The first thing you are going to need to do is update your JSS. 9.6 was the first version compatible with Yosemite/10.10 and even in that initial release I remember some issues with Yosemite and FileVault reporting.

Update your JSS then report back if it resolved things.

tcandela
Valued Contributor II

yep, its definitely 9.51 causing this. I'll submit anther request to have the JSS updated.

afterwards i'll report back.