FileVault 2 Password not recognized on reboot

Fuge
New Contributor

I've read many different threads in the forum regarding FV2 not syncing with AD or a previous local account passwords, but what I'm experiencing is different.

10.10.5 MBA 11"

I encountered this issue with one machine after I enabled FV2 from JSS self service, consequently I've seen the same behavior with another user on another machine with another password.

Now, having said all that, what I see is the following:

Take machine out of the box, turn on, create user account, set password, get to desktop, either turn on FV2 from Settings or enroll in JSS and reboot. After I reboot, the pre-boot password does not work.

Two factory resets later

I created a test account (with a different password) on the machine along with the desired user account. I enabled FV2 on the user account rebooted and got the same message. This time I was able to log in with the test account. Once to the test account desktop I logged out and was able to log into the user account.

It seems as though the pre boot authentication is not understanding the password. Any assistance or suggestions on where to take this issue are appreciated. I've already stumped my local apple store.

1 REPLY 1

corbinmharris
Contributor

Sadly, I'm seeing both issues as well. My only solution at this time is to disable FileVault2, bind/unbind from AD, using Centrify then enable FV2 again.

Corbin