FileVault 2 Recovery Keys for Casper 9.96

Media-C
New Contributor II

Hi, wanted to ask experts around here. Does the FileVault 2 Recovery Keys work on MacSierra (10.12.x) and Casper version 9.96?

Cause I tried to encrypt these newly bought machines ( MacBookPro13,1 ) with MacSierra preinstalled, it does not have the option to store the Recovery Keys in Casper server.

Or that feature only work in between OS X v10.9–v10.11? (source)

Just want to say, thanks a lot for the help on my first post that I made a few months back, a question about how proxy and Kerberos work.

5 REPLIES 5

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@Media-C it's there.

Where have you looked? It's a Computer-Level configuration profile payload.

McAwesome
Valued Contributor

You can find it in Configuration Profiles under "FileVault Recovery Key Redirection." I can confirm this works on machines running 10.12.3.

Media-C
New Contributor II

Yeap, I got it setup as "Automatically redirect recovery keys to the JSS", is that correct?

Last time I used to have the option to store the Recovery keys to JSS just before encryption start.

@McAwesome I've got a newly bought machine from Apple with the latest model available in the market as of now, it doesn't work.

bvrooman
Valued Contributor

Can you confirm that the profile with the key redirection payload was installed on the test machine prior to encrypting it (and wasn't stuck in APNS limbo or something)? I ask because we have numerous 2016-model MacBook Pros with 10.12.3, and key redirection is working fine for us.

McAwesome
Valued Contributor

@Media-C Have you ruled out that specific machine? I ask because I have confirmed this works on the new MacBook Pros running 10.12.

Are you on an older version of JAMF? I could see that leading to issues.