Find default DP

mattbomarc1
New Contributor

Has anybody been able to find a way to pull a client machine's default distribution point using either the jamf binary or an API call?

7 REPLIES 7

bpavlov
Honored Contributor

With the API you can GET on /JSSResource/computers/id/{id}/subset/General where {id} would be the computer's JSS ID but you can use any of the other options such as serial number ( /computers/serialnumber/{serialnumber}/subset/General ) or UUID ( /computers/udid/{udid}//subset/General ).

Either way the info you're looking for will be located here:

<General>
<distribution_point>
</distribution_point>
</General>

mattbomarc1
New Contributor

@bpavlov Thanks! Will give that a try.

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@mattbomarc1 if that returns -1, then it means that the JSS is assigning per network segments. (Which it should).

What's the requirement for this?

roiegat
Contributor III

So we assign DP, SUS, and netboot via the network segments. Using the API I can see the SUS and Netboot assigned to each machine, but DP is blank. Very odd.

mattbomarc1
New Contributor

Mine shows nothing for the DP on a few different machines also.

@bentoms I am wanting to setup a file share on each of our DP's to make some large ISO files available to client machines. I was hoping to pull down the default DP for each client and send them to the closest server.

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@roiegat & @mattbomarc1 Sorry. -1 is in the DB.

But nothing would be right as the JSS is assigning via network segments.

@mattbomarc1 Can you deliver these ISO's via the JSS? If no, can you get the Mac's IP & then figure out the DP?

mattbomarc1
New Contributor

@bentoms Nope, they are like 18GB. I tried to DMG them previously and it just didn't seem to work.