Firefox CCK question

catfeetstop
Contributor II

I need to lock down Firefox so our users cannot change the proxy settings themselves. I see how in CCK I can set the proxy settings but this does not prevent users from opening Firefox preferences and changing the settings. How do I prevent users from changing Firefox preferences?

- Jamie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

catfeetstop
Contributor II

I figured it out. It's because I was testing on the same computer I was setting it all up on. Once I disabled the CCK Wizard the preferences were locked out. Moral of the story, test on a different computer! Thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

matthew-c
New Contributor III

When you enter the setting ID (e.g. network.proxy.type) and value in the drop down dialog, just tick the box that says 'lock setting' underneath.

cheers

Matt

catfeetstop
Contributor II

Thanks! Awesome, now I see that option.

When I set the network.proxy.type value and tick the 'lock setting' it does change the setting in Firefox but it doesn't seem to be locking the setting. I can still go to the Firefox prefs and manually change the proxy settings. Is there something else that I'm missing?

catfeetstop
Contributor II

I figured it out. It's because I was testing on the same computer I was setting it all up on. Once I disabled the CCK Wizard the preferences were locked out. Moral of the story, test on a different computer! Thanks for your help.