First Boot Script Issues with Jamf Imaging and 10.12

isaacnelson
Contributor

I am attempting to run a "first boot" script at the login window immediately after imaging a 10.12.6 computer with Jamf Imaging. Ideally, I would like to launch LoginLog to show the progress of the script and to prevent anyone from attempting a login while the script is running. I would also settle for using JamfHelper to put up a full-screen message to indicate that setup is taking place. Anything to just lock the screen while the script is running.

I can get either of these options to work at the login window when I manually run the command through SSH or ARD, but if I have my script call either LoginLog or jamfHelper the script either hangs or proceeds without launching the specified app.

It seems like lots of people have been able to successfully do what I'm trying to do here, but it just isn't working for me. Help would be much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nix4Life
Valued Contributor

@isaacnelson you could try making a payload free package
dump it into Rich's first boot package install, which leverage's LoginLog. That might work

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Nix4Life
Valued Contributor

@isaacnelson you could try making a payload free package
dump it into Rich's first boot package install, which leverage's LoginLog. That might work

isaacnelson
Contributor

@Nix4Life that combination did it! Thank you!