Flash 18.0.0.232 installer crash?

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

Is it just me or does the Flash 18.0.0.232 installer (for System Administrators) downloaded from the Flash Distribution site crash immediately upon launch? I've downloaded it 5 times and rebooted 4 just to make sure, but I'm willing to admit i'm having one of those days when I can't do something as simple as double click on a .pkg file.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

Turns out the Macs I tried installing this (and every other .pkg file) suffered from the problem described here

It is the strangest thing that this would happen at all, but even stranger that it affected 3 Macs at the same time. I'm chalking it up to a poorly written script that was given to me by a colleague. Anyway, the fix was to copy the JavaLaunching.Framework from another (working) Mac to replace mine.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

davidacland
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Just tried it on my Mac (10.10.4). Worked ok for me.

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

Very strange. I tried it on 3 other Macs with the same result. I went ahead and put it in a JSS policy and pushed it to the same Macs that it crashed on in the GUI and they installed just fine. As long as it works, I guess.

csmith122
New Contributor III

I have just tried on 10.10.4 and it worked for me. try downloading the installer from this website.

scottb
Honored Contributor

I downloaded the .pkg and installed fine on 10.10.4 GM and 10.10.5 Macs fine. FWIW.

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

Another "works fine here" vote. Used the AutoPkg package, no problems here.

AVmcclint
Honored Contributor

Turns out the Macs I tried installing this (and every other .pkg file) suffered from the problem described here

It is the strangest thing that this would happen at all, but even stranger that it affected 3 Macs at the same time. I'm chalking it up to a poorly written script that was given to me by a colleague. Anyway, the fix was to copy the JavaLaunching.Framework from another (working) Mac to replace mine.

RobertHammen
Valued Contributor II

Yep, use the AutoPKG-created pkg file without any issues, run manually or via Casper policy.