Forticlient VPN Jamf Installation

ArunRamaswamy
New Contributor
  1. Download the MacOS installer filer of the FortiClient:
  2. Open Jamf Composer

Create a New snapshot > New and Modified Snapshot > Set package name to '

FortiClient Settings' > Next.

You should see the following image in Composer when the Before Snapshot is complete. Create Package Source.png

3.Install the FortiClient Application and follow the prompts

4.In Composer, Click 'Create Package Source'. This will then push out all of the changes required after the client Installation has taken place. We will need the following path setup to create the package.

NOTE: Edit the Permissions for the entire file path with the following

Permissions:

Owner: Root

Group: Wheel

5.Build and save the file as a package.

6.Once uploaded Successfully. Create a new Policy, also configure the Maintenance Payload and select 'Update Inventory' This will take place after the installation has completed.

7.Go to the Scope tab and target the Devices in Question.

8.Once completed, Click Save.

If it doesnt work, pls try post restart

2 REPLIES 2

melissahundley
New Contributor

I was so excited to see this...but it didn't work for me. I'm relatively new to managing MacOS and am really wanting to push FortiClient via Jamf policy. This is the error reported in the failure log for the policy:

Installation failed. The installer reported: installer: Package name is FortiClient Settings
installer: Installing at base path / installer: The install failed. (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance. An unexpected error occurred while moving files to the final destination.)

I have a cloud distribution point set as my only distribution point in Jamf...if that helps :)

Any thoughts?

Tim-PA
New Contributor

5. Installing FortiClient settings - Monterey.pkg...

6. Installation failed. The installer reported: installer: Package name is FortiClient settings - Monterey
installer: Installing at base path /
installer: The install failed. (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance. The package is attempting to install content to the system volume.)