From Where I can download Jamf Composer?

pronaykar
New Contributor II

Sorry, If this is a simple one. From Where I can download the Jamf Composer? I want to use the composer to package the Self Service application. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Select "Pro" on the left and then in the drop down choose "macOS". It's bundled into the Jamf Pro DMG.

View solution in original post

Go to https://account.jamf.com/products/jamf-pro and sign in with your Jamf Nation ID.

You should see a window like below.

Select Products, then Pro.

naschenbrenner_0-1638915651651.png

Then download the Mac version of Jamf Pro. It will be bundled within this download.

naschenbrenner_1-1638915749606.png

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

jtrant
Valued Contributor

Composer is part of the standard Jamf installer which can be found under "Products" in your Jamf Account (choose the option to download for macOS). Having said that, there is no need to package Self Service as it's installed automatically once you've enabled the "Install automatically" checkbox under Settings > Self Service > macOS in Jamf Pro.

pronaykar
New Contributor II

@jtrant Really appreciate your reply. It seems it's not available to me. The reason I want to install it via policy is because I want to install it for specific computers. 

Screenshot 2021-10-28 at 2.36.49 AM.png

Select "Pro" on the left and then in the drop down choose "macOS". It's bundled into the Jamf Pro DMG.

jess_eibl
New Contributor

I cannot find Jamf Composer anywhere to download. Can someone post some specific instructions where to find it? Thank you. 

Go to https://account.jamf.com/products/jamf-pro and sign in with your Jamf Nation ID.

You should see a window like below.

Select Products, then Pro.

naschenbrenner_0-1638915651651.png

Then download the Mac version of Jamf Pro. It will be bundled within this download.

naschenbrenner_1-1638915749606.png

Following this guide....strange that when I get to this last step, all it gives me is the option for Download for Linux....

Any ideas?

If you see in the above screenshot and on the webpage where you're seeing  "Download for Linux", of the far right of the "Download for x" bar, there's a little drop down arrow. Select that and choose Mac. Hope that helps.

The Mac option is no longer there, but now there's a "Download for Jamf Pro Apps" which will download an installer for the Mac admin apps.  Took me a while to find...

Karl941
New Contributor III

What a mess all these places to find simple things. Please centralize Jamf!

bcrockett
Contributor III

This was very confusing. 

I annotated a screenshot of the updated workflow for macOS 13. It should work for macOS computers in general. Composer  download workflowComposer download workflow

ecp-support
New Contributor II

why are the apps not integrated into the server and have a preinstalled policy... or something... not even installomator has them labeled - doesn't every jamf installation have the legitimacy to offer them?