FUT & FEU Question

darms21
New Contributor

Afternoon all,
I've not explored these options much but I do understand the general premise. I have a scenario which I am a bit unsure of however and am seeking your advise. I am creating a package (.dmg) which will add holidays to a user's Outlook 2011 calenders. I have created an .ics file with the holidays that need to be imported. According to composer, the only files are changed are files in Users -> "My Account" -> Documents -> etc.... How can I create a package that will write these files existing and future accounts? Should I not snapshots?

4 REPLIES 4

calum_carey
Contributor

Outlook 2011 uses a database to store its information.
I dont think you will be able to simply package the file and deploy this way.
I would suggest you email the ics file to your users and have them save it to their calendars within outlook.

darms21
New Contributor

thanks for the response @calum_carey, you don't think I would be able to add the .olkEvent files store in Office 2011 Identities > Main Identitity > Data Records > Event > 0T > 0B > 0M > 0K ?

pblake
Contributor III

If you have Outlook set a your default calendar application, you should be able to install the ics file to a tmp directory and script it to open. It should open Outlook and prompt the user to install the calendar. You could do this as a login script to make sure the user is logged in. Run it once per user.

pblake
Contributor III

If you have Outlook set a your default calendar application, you should be able to install the ics file to a tmp directory and script it to open. It should open Outlook and prompt the user to install the calendar. You could do this as a login script to make sure the user is logged in. Run it once per user.