Get list of Removable MAC Addresses using REST API?

robo
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

I get the impression that it's not possible to do this, but just wanted to confirm:

Is it in fact possible to get 'Removable Mac Address' information via the JAMF REST API?

Thanks,
R

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Don;t think its possible. We had looked into this ourselves at one point and couldn't locate anything in the API for that. I have heard that in version 9 JAMF will add a number of additional items you can pull from the API, but Removable MAC addresses is currently not there. I'm not sure if it will be one of the new items added or not.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Don;t think its possible. We had looked into this ourselves at one point and couldn't locate anything in the API for that. I have heard that in version 9 JAMF will add a number of additional items you can pull from the API, but Removable MAC addresses is currently not there. I'm not sure if it will be one of the new items added or not.

nkalister
Valued Contributor

it isn't possible with rest.
it's trivial with sql!
i created a new mysql user that only has read access to the removable MAC table, then wrote a one line sql script that dumps the table to a text file in a share, and set up a scheduled task on the server to run that sql script every 5 minutes.
the whole setup took about 10 minutes to create and test.

robo
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Thanks mm2270, and thanks for the SQL tip nkalister. If the info isn't available in v9 we may do that.