Get version of Acrobat from Plist File

clearyma
New Contributor III

I am trying to get the versions of Acrobat and Acrobat Reader that are installed on machines. The version number is in the info.plist file, so I am trying to use a script to pull that into an extension attribute. Any ideas on how to write the script so that it will grab the version from the plist?

2 REPLIES 2

talkingmoose

The Acrobat applications and their version numbers are collected during an inventory update to Jamf Pro. You'll find them in each computer's Inventory section under Applications. You don't need an Extension Attribute for this.

jhuls
Contributor III

Many moons ago when I was just starting with Casper(now known as Jamf) I stumbled across the following script to pull this sort of thing and determine if the application is not installed. Unfortunately I didn't record in the script, like I try to normally do, who should be credited for it so my apologies. At the time I found it to be more suitable for my workflow than what Jamf provides on its own and never bothered changing it.

#!/bin/sh

if [ -d /Applications/Adobe Acrobat DC/Adobe Acrobat.app ];then
    result=`/usr/bin/defaults read /Applications/Adobe Acrobat DC/Adobe Acrobat.app/Contents/Info CFBundleShortVersionString`
    if [ $result == "" ];then
        echo "<result>No version</result>"
    else
        echo "<result>$result</result>"
    fi
else
    echo "<result>Not installed</result>"
fi

exit 0