GlobalProtect System Extensions

SKizale
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I am trying to install GlobalProtect on our Macs via Jamf Pro. I have GP installed with no issues and have the policy to set to configure the default portal. This all works great; however, the problem is, during the installation, GlobalProtect is not installing 'GlobalProtect System extensions' (see linked picture). Without this, I don't have a working VPN connection. I tried a few things I found on https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/, but nothing works. It works fine if I manually install GlobalProtect and check this box. If I deploy the package with Jamf Pro, the box doesn't get checked, and the VPN doesn't work. 

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@SKizale GP should install its extension automatically when a connection is opened. You can trigger the extension install after installing GP by running the following commands:

/bin/mkdir -p "/Library/Application Support/PaloAltoNetworks/GlobalProtect"
/usr/bin/touch "/Library/Application Support/PaloAltoNetworks/GlobalProtect/install_system_extensions.now"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@SKizale GP should install its extension automatically when a connection is opened. You can trigger the extension install after installing GP by running the following commands:

/bin/mkdir -p "/Library/Application Support/PaloAltoNetworks/GlobalProtect"
/usr/bin/touch "/Library/Application Support/PaloAltoNetworks/GlobalProtect/install_system_extensions.now"

SKizale
New Contributor III

@sdagley, that did the trick. I ran those commands and tested the connection, but it still didn't work. So, without doing anything else, I rebooted and tried again, and it worked perfectly! I'll have to make up something that runs these post-install and reboots the machine. Thanks a bunch for your help. This had me stumped for a few days. 

jennaferharris
New Contributor II

Could you let me know how you set the portal to configure? Configuration profile with updated plist runs successfully but changes do not take affect.

@jennaferharris, did you reboot afterward? Mine did not work until I rebooted the machines.