Google Software Update - System Events

emclean
New Contributor II

Trying to get this popup to be automatically accepted so our users do not have to click allow. I have tried using Privacy Preference Policy Control Utility. I added in the "GoogleSoftwareUpdate.bundle" from the Library/Google location into the left side of the window and I changed the system Events to allow and it's still popping up. I also tried adding in on the right to allow System Events, Finder and System ui server. The pop up still comes up.

Any thoughts? This is on OS 10.14

PS - Still learning jamf, so if my terminology is all wrong, I apologize2a4659443940461f9ae650596c4c2b2e
!

4 REPLIES 4

mcgace
New Contributor III

@emclean did you ever manage to resolve this? I'm trying to do the same.

mertala
New Contributor II

Maybe you are looking for wrong bundle. You are doing this for "~/Library/Google/GoogleSoftwareUpdate/" path right?

atomczynski
Valued Contributor

Any update on this?

HappyMarcus
New Contributor II

I solved this by giving the Google Software Update.bundle access to the following apple events:

com.apple.finder
com.apple.systemuiserver
com.apple.systemevents

The google software update bundle is located at: /Library/Google/GoogleSoftwareUpdate/GoogleSoftwareUpdate.bundle

To be honest, I'm not sure both com.apple.finder and com.apple.systemuiserver is needed, but after doing a lot of trial-and-error I got tired of this and gave it access to all three. This was all done using PPPC utility.