Google Voice and Video Plugin

jhbush
Valued Contributor II

I'm not sure how much any of you are using this plug, but I made a script that pulls the latest version down for install.

You can key your smart group using Packages Installed By Installer.app/SWU com.google.pkg.GoogleVoiceAndVideo

#!/bin/sh

# Jason Bush 3/12/2014

# This script downloads and installs the latest Google voice and video call plug-in

# Change working directory to /tmp

cd /tmp

# Download the latest Google voice and video call plug-in software disk image

/usr/bin/curl -O https://dl.google.com/googletalk/googletalkplugin/GoogleVoiceAndVideoSetup.dmg

# Mount the GoogleVoiceAndVideoSetup.dmg disk image in /Volumes

/usr/bin/hdiutil attach GoogleVoiceAndVideoSetup.dmg -nobrowse -noverify -noautoopen

# Install Google voice and video call plug-in from the installer package inside

/usr/sbin/installer -dumplog -verbose -pkg /Volumes/GoogleVoiceAndVideoAccelSetup*/Google Voice and Video.pkg -target "/"

# Clean-up

# Unmount the GoogleVoiceAndVideoSetup.dmg disk image from /Volumes

/usr/bin/hdiutil eject -force /Volumes/GoogleVoiceAndVideo*

# Remove the GoogleVoiceAndVideoSetup.dmg disk image from /tmp

/bin/rm -rf /tmp/GoogleVoiceAndVideoSetup.dmg

exit 0
2 REPLIES 2

tuinte
Contributor III

Will definitely use this. Thanks so much. I've previously downloaded an EA that grabbed the plugin version. Could use that for scoping as updates come out. I'll post it once I find it.

Thanks again.

jschlackman
New Contributor

We're a Google Apps school so were very keen on getting this on our teacher's MacBooks. Script worked like a charm, many thanks.