GSX Account with Smallish Inventory Base

ralamiri
New Contributor

Hi everyone,

I just wanted everyone's opinion on GSX and if it's something worth having for a smaller inventory base (< 250 devices). It seems pretty useful for things like automatically pulling purchase and warranty information, especially as we look to refresh systems, but I don't know if it's worth pursuing if the other benefits of the SSA don't really apply.

Thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

@ralamiri If you can get it, its worth it.  We are a self servicing account and do all the repairs on our fleet of Macs and iPads which charges a lot less for the "Apple Care Parts Agreement" instead of the retail AppleCare+.  Benefits include access to bulk item parts IE 25pks of 30w usb-c power adapters for MacBook Airs at a bigger discount (non retail packaging).  Also like you said having the ability to tie into the JSS with purchasing information for each record.  Its definitely worth asking your Apple SE.

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Napoli86
New Contributor

I think Apple has a 1,000 device minimum for a SSA. Even if they didn't, I highly doubt it would be for that few devices. 

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

@ralamiri If you can get it, its worth it.  We are a self servicing account and do all the repairs on our fleet of Macs and iPads which charges a lot less for the "Apple Care Parts Agreement" instead of the retail AppleCare+.  Benefits include access to bulk item parts IE 25pks of 30w usb-c power adapters for MacBook Airs at a bigger discount (non retail packaging).  Also like you said having the ability to tie into the JSS with purchasing information for each record.  Its definitely worth asking your Apple SE.

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools