Has anyone gotten the KFMSilentOptIn for Microsoft OneDrive to work???

ArrowAzzo
New Contributor

Hello,

I have been searching online and through forums but I cannot find any useful information on if anyone has gotten the desktop/folder automatic syncing to work for Mac devices via Jamf?

The Plist configurations I am pushing is not working. All the previous posts concerning this topic have gone cold. Has anyone been able to successfully implement this configuration and if so, can you guide me on how to complete this process?

ArrowAzzo_1-1729709816555.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tribruin
Valued Contributor II

We have been using this profile to enable KFM for about a year now:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
        <key>KFMBlockOptOut</key>
        <true/>
        <key>KFMSilentOptIn</key>
        <string>redacted</string>
    </dict>
</plist>

It works for us. (Note, I have multiple OneDrive profiles, so I layer this on top of our other OneDrive profiles. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

efil4xiN
Contributor II

Mine  may be dated but it looks the same . we just defined what we wanted to sync:

key>KFMSilentOptInDesktop</key>
    <true/>
    <key>KFMSilentOptInDocuments</key>
    <true/>
    <key>DefaultFolderPath</key>
    <string>~/OneDrive</string>

Thank you for your reply. I tried to add those and sadly they didn't work. Are you running the production version of OneDrive or the Deferral version? I've seen posts about that possibly being a thing.

ArrowAzzo_0-1729714211850.png

ArrowAzzo_1-1729714235726.png

ArrowAzzo_2-1729714615691.png

Tribruin
Valued Contributor II

We have been using this profile to enable KFM for about a year now:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
        <key>KFMBlockOptOut</key>
        <true/>
        <key>KFMSilentOptIn</key>
        <string>redacted</string>
    </dict>
</plist>

It works for us. (Note, I have multiple OneDrive profiles, so I layer this on top of our other OneDrive profiles. 

Hello,

I still can't get mine to work. Do you also have a PPPC setting enabled? I couldn't find any instructions for it. Does mine look correct to you? 

ArrowAzzo_0-1729780225097.png

Tried it, and its still not working. Really not sure what I am doing incorrectly. 

ArrowAzzo_0-1729780410405.png

charleswyattt
New Contributor

Hello

It seems like a complex problem. Although I haven't done it myself, you might want to make sure the sync service has full disk access and that the permissions in the Plist are set correctly. Small setup adjustments can occasionally have a big impact. I'm hoping someone with a functional setup can provide more detailed instructions!

Regards

Charles Wyat

Sattva Forest Ridge

Shyamsundar
New Contributor II

KFMSilentOptIn

Use this setting to redirect and move your users' Documents and/or Desktop folders to OneDrive without any user interaction.

If you enable this setting and provide your tenant ID, you can choose whether to display a notification to users after their folders are redirected:

<key>KFMSilentOptInWithNotification</key>
<(Bool)/>

If you don't set any of the following settings, then the default setting moves both folders into OneDrive. If you want to specify which folder to move, you should set any combination of the following settings:

<key>KFMSilentOptInDesktop</key>
<(Bool)/>
<key>KFMSilentOptInDocuments</key>
<(Bool)/>

KFMOptInWithWizard

This setting displays a wizard that prompts users to move their Documents and Desktop folders to OneDrive.

If you enable this setting and provide your tenant ID, users who are syncing their OneDrive sees the Folder Backup wizard window when they're signed in. If they close the window, a reminder notification appears in the Sync Activity Center until they move their Desktop and Documents folders.

The example for this setting in the .plist file is:

<key>KFMOptInWithWizard</key>
<string>(TenantID)</string> 

Refer : https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/deploy-and-configure-on-macos#kfmsilentoptin

I still can't get mine to work. does this look correct to you? 

ArrowAzzo_1-1729780345517.png

ArrowAzzo
New Contributor

I figured it out. he plist was correct but I needed to clear the cache for the preference.