High Sierra (beta) with AutoDMG

ThijsX
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi there!

Currently we are deploying a base macOS Sierra through modular imaging, this 10.12.6 is comming from the default installer and recreated with AutoDMG.

If i do the same with macOS High Sierra, AutoDMG does not recognize this version of macOS.
Does anyone have a temporary solution for this or a workaround so i can proceed with the macOS High Sierra deployment.

Thankyou!

Greetings,
Thijs Xhaflaire

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

jrippy
Contributor II

In addition to what @sdagley said, AutoDMG can only create images from the corresponding OS.
So to create a High Sierra image, you must create it from within High Sierra. You can do that by either upgrading a machine you already have or doing a manual install to a machine.
Each OS can only be created by their respective OS. El Cap w/ AutoDMG can only create El Cap, Sierra w/ AutoDMG can only create Sierra, and High Sierra w/ AutoDMG can only create High Sierra.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

jrippy
Contributor II

In addition to what @sdagley said, AutoDMG can only create images from the corresponding OS.
So to create a High Sierra image, you must create it from within High Sierra. You can do that by either upgrading a machine you already have or doing a manual install to a machine.
Each OS can only be created by their respective OS. El Cap w/ AutoDMG can only create El Cap, Sierra w/ AutoDMG can only create Sierra, and High Sierra w/ AutoDMG can only create High Sierra.

Hope that helps.

ThijsX
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@sdagley & @jrippy Thanks for this usefull information, this solved my issue !
Beside, when i deployed 10.13 through a modular image with Casper Imaging, the APFS is not configured you guys also have this thing going on?

Greetings,
Thijs.

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@txhaflaire I don't believe any of the current Mac imaging tools are capable of deploying an APFS formatted drive. Personally I'm looking forward to the features APFS provides, but as far as deploying it in production, that isn't going to happen this year in my current environment.

ThijsX
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@sdagley Gracia !

Greetings, Thijs.