High Sierra Caching Server

Stealtjeh
New Contributor

Hi All,

Currently we are doing some test with implementing a Caching Server in our network.
We manager to set it up, but some things are just a bit unclear to me.

Can anyone be so kind and explain the following output to me:

RegistrationStatus = 1; RestrictedMedia = 0; ServerGUID = StartupStatus = OK; TotalBytesDropped = 0; TotalBytesImported = 0; TotalBytesReturnedToChildren = 0; TotalBytesReturnedToClients = ; TotalBytesReturnedToPeers = 0; TotalBytesStoredFromOrigin = ; TotalBytesStoredFromParents = 0; TotalBytesStoredFromPeers = 0;

For example:

TotalBytesReturnedToClients / Indicates the amount of data send from the Caching Server to devices?
TotalBytesStoredFromOrigin / Indicates the amount of data saved in the Caching Server?

etc.. etc...

Thanks in advance for helping me out!

1 REPLY 1

ryan_ball
Valued Contributor

If the caching server is configured as a parent (children can only cache the same content as the parent) you'd see something in TotalBytesReturnedToChildren.

TotalBytesReturnedToChildren is the amount of data served to clients from the caching server.

TotalBytesReturnedToPeers is the amount of data served to other caching servers specified in the peers section.

TotalBytesStoredFromOrigin is the amount of data requested by clients that this caching server obtained from Apple and stored on its HDDs.

TotalBytesStoredFromParents is the amount of data requested by clients that initially resided on a parent caching server that this caching server obtained and now stores on it's HDDs.

TotalBytesStoredFromPeers is the amount of data requested by clients that initially resided on a peer caching server that this caching server obtained and now stores on it's HDDs.