How do I get my CCA to show up on my JAMF Nation profile page?

daworley
Contributor II

I keep seeing so many of you cool kids with your flashy CCA badges next to your names.

I am feeling left out. How can I be cool like the rest of you?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

talkingmoose

The JAMF folks are kind enough to do that. At least, I didn't have to do anything myself.

While logged into JAMF Nation you can look for My Assets under your name in the upper right corner. You'll see your account manager there and his email address. Shoot him a quick message.

View solution in original post

jake
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi daworley, CCA, CJA, and CMA badges are applied automatically every night based on our internal records. We have updated your record and it should be reflected in your profile now.

Thanks for letting us know!

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27

talkingmoose

The JAMF folks are kind enough to do that. At least, I didn't have to do anything myself.

While logged into JAMF Nation you can look for My Assets under your name in the upper right corner. You'll see your account manager there and his email address. Shoot him a quick message.

jake
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi daworley, CCA, CJA, and CMA badges are applied automatically every night based on our internal records. We have updated your record and it should be reflected in your profile now.

Thanks for letting us know!

rickgmac
Contributor

@Jake Any chance I can get my badges applied as well?

macguy
New Contributor II

Me too

macguy
New Contributor II

Opps just noticed its there

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

Yup me too. Mine's shown CJA forever but I'm a CCA.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Never really thought much about it, but I believe my CCA is still current (until version 9 is out) Perhaps my profile can get updated as well?

cferrante
New Contributor

Hey Guys - Got CCA'd yesterday! 1 week lag time before it gets reported to the guys at JAMF?

bbass
Contributor

Somewhat off-topic but alluded to here...

Will there be a new CCA required for v9? From what I can (or can't) see, the materials don't mention the lifespan of a certification. I ask because I just earned my CCA last week.

jarednichols
Honored Contributor
Somewhat off-topic but alluded to here... Will there be a new CCA required for v9? From what I can (or can't) see, the materials don't mention the lifespan of a certification. I ask because I just earned my CCA last week.

Perhaps Cam can weigh in for official word, but I believe your certification is good for two major revisions. So, If you certified on version 8.1 (like I did) you're still good for version 9 as well. If you look back at all of the changes in 8 and look forward to the changes in 9, that's incredible mileage for a certification.

Seeing as there's been a TON of changes in version 8 and 9 promises more, I will likely re-certifiy on 9 anyway.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

JAMF would need to answer that question, but I suspect that given version 9 is a major overhaul of the product, complete with lots of new features and a new GUI, there will definitely be a new CCA course around it. I'm not sure if a CCA actually 'expires' per se, but for certain things that having a CCA may help with, getting the new certification would certainly be prudent once that's available. I have a feeling that's still a number of months away though. I'm guessing the course won't really be built until the new version is out and the feature set is locked in.

milesleacy
Valued Contributor

Hey all,

Jared is correct. We consider a CCA or CMA certification "current" if it was earned on the current or previous version of the Casper Suite.

As several others have noted, you may choose to come in for a class and re-certify earlier than that. We always teach the current version in our classes, so you can expect updated curriculum to coincide with the version 9 release, as it has with each new version of the Casper Suite.

bbass
Contributor

My CCA badge has recently disappeared. Not sure about the timing but my theory is that it went missing after I left my old company and changed my email addresses in my profile.

Is there any way to have the CCA badge reinstated?

Thanks!

mpebley
New Contributor III

Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!

jhbush
Valued Contributor II

jake, would you mind asking someone to put the badges back on my account?

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

@jhbush1973 I had the same problem when I switched jobs. The badges are linked to one of the email addresses used on your profile. Reached out to our JAMF buddy FTW! :)

--
https://donmontalvo.com

jake
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hey @jhbush1973 - if you change the company email address in your profile to your new company email address, it will update for you tonight.

Thanks!

Michael_Uy
New Contributor

Hi @jake

I'm wondering when is my CCT badge going to show up?

Thanks!

jake
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi @fgalang - We do not have any records of the email address that is currently associated with this account. If you change your company email address in your profile, it will update tonight.

gabester
Contributor III

I've also recently switched employers and just noticed that my badge is missing. :-( Thanks so you guys for bringing this to my attention by reviving this thread to bring to your attention!

kerouak
Valued Contributor

Hi, I'm the same, I've moved employers and now my badges have disappeared.. Can they be re-instated??

ta

JulianRadu
New Contributor II

Hi, guys ! I would like to have my CCT badge applied to my JAMF Nation profile as well. Thank you in advance !

jcrome
New Contributor

Hi, can you apply my CCT badge to my JAMF Nation profile please?

StoneMagnet
Contributor III

@jcrome You'll get a better/faster response if you contact your Jamf Buddy directly. If you don't know who that is click your name in the toolbar at the top of a Jamf Nation page and select My Account Team.

mgdavidrocks
New Contributor II

My CCA and CMA badges disappeared from my profile. I got certified back in 2012. I contacted JAMF and they told me my certifications remained but if I would like by now to run a CCE (jamf 400) those legacy certifications are not taken in consideration because of their age so the badges are not appearing anymore. I think that's not very nice. I still want my CMA badge even if it would be sort of "greyed out".

mpaganin
New Contributor

Hi I have the CCT but it never showed up in my account. I did it a long time ago, scince August 2017 and til now, nothing is there... naja

ahmeda10
New Contributor

Hi @jake

Any idea on when my badge is going to show up?

Thanks!