How do I Unmanaging the JSS server itself

aturner
New Contributor III

I have a xserver that is running the JSS right now. At some point it became enrolled in our inventory but I no longer want it there and I don't want it managed. I know i could enter in the terminal command to remove the JAMF framework, but I just wanted to check to see if that would break something with this Server actually running the JSS.

Any thoughts?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

Shouldn't. That will only disable the client. It won't touch Tomcat or any other of the server pieces.

Especially in this case, your results may vary, I am not a lawyer, I am merely an expert due to the power of the Internets, check with your JAMF rep etc etc.

View solution in original post

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

I've unenrolled servers before & didn't have an issue.

YMMV though so please backup then try:

sudo jamf removeFramework

You can unmanage from the JSS, but the components stay.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

Shouldn't. That will only disable the client. It won't touch Tomcat or any other of the server pieces.

Especially in this case, your results may vary, I am not a lawyer, I am merely an expert due to the power of the Internets, check with your JAMF rep etc etc.

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

I've unenrolled servers before & didn't have an issue.

YMMV though so please backup then try:

sudo jamf removeFramework

You can unmanage from the JSS, but the components stay.

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

There's also just unchecking the management in the machine's inventory record in the JSS. Then at least you'll have inventory info on the machine but it won't get any policies and such.

aturner
New Contributor III

Thanks guys for the extra confidence in removing it!