How to delete a blocked mdm profile?

Linkin
New Contributor

Hello! I сan't erase all content on macOS Ventura, I tested PreStage (cleaned the test mac several times), and it looks like I didn’t delete the profiles from the test device at some point. And now i can’t erase all content from the test device. I tried to add the device again through User-initiated enrollment, but it shows up as UNMANAGED, and I can’t delete profiles or wipe the device.
Please tell me how to clean the device.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AJPinto
Honored Contributor III

You can go in to recovery and erase the boot volume, then reinstall macOS. If you cant access recovery for whatever reason, boot in to DFU mode and use Apple Configurator 2 and perform a restore.

How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

Revive or restore a Mac with Apple silicon using Apple Configurator - Apple Support

Revive or restore an Intel-based Mac using Apple Configurator - Apple Support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AJPinto
Honored Contributor III

You can go in to recovery and erase the boot volume, then reinstall macOS. If you cant access recovery for whatever reason, boot in to DFU mode and use Apple Configurator 2 and perform a restore.

How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

Revive or restore a Mac with Apple silicon using Apple Configurator - Apple Support

Revive or restore an Intel-based Mac using Apple Configurator - Apple Support

Linkin
New Contributor

Thanks for the help. I was able to restore control. Unfortunately, Apple Configurator gave me the error 
When I tried to reinstall the system from Recovery it also gave an error "Recovery is trying to change system settings no administrator was found"

Ultimately, I was able to clean the system through Disk Utility in Recovery. Completely wipe the disk.